Knowing a few fun facts is a great way to impress your friends and add something to any conversation. Trivia knowledge also comes in handy when you're doing crossword puzzles or just trying to keep yourself entertained. You can find thousands of interesting facts online.
Fun Facts and Trivia
Whether you're looking for fun facts about your favorite president or your favorite planet, the web is the perfect place to read up on any subject. Did you know the following totally random fun facts?
- Scientists estimate that the temperature on the surface of Venus is about 864 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it the hottest planet in our solar system.
- Liquid is better at conducting sound than air is. A sound travels four times faster under water.
- Cockroaches are at least 280 million years old.
- Ronald Reagan was the oldest president ever inaugurated.
- 65 percent of the candy manufactured each year is eaten by adults.
- Over 1 million different animal species currently exist on our planet.
- Vermont produces more maple syrup than any other state.
- Jimmy Carter was the first president who was born in a hospital.
- The US first issued money in paper form in 1862.
- When a puppy is first born, it is completely blind and deaf.
Trivia is a great way to help you establish interest in a new topic. When you learn a little bit about something and find it interesting, you may be more likely to continue learning about that subject. If you're looking for a new hobby or area of study, use trivia to get started.
The Internet makes it easy to learn new information about practically any topic. You can find out little-known fun facts about everything from the Eiffel tower to your favorite candy bar. Reading trivia online can be an enjoyable and educational way to pass the time.