Two Half Hitches Knot
Two half-hitches, either around a post or timber or around the standing part of the rope, make an ideal and quickly tied fastening. After a little practice you can tie this knot almost instantly and by merely throwing a couple of turns around a post, two half-hitches may be formed instantly. This knot will hold forever without loosening, and even on a smooth, round stick or spar it will stand an enormous strain without slipping.
How to Tie a Two Half Hitches Knot
Video: Two Half Hitches Knots
Learn how to tie a two half hitches knot.
- Pass the end of the rope through a ring or around a pole.
- Pass it behind the remaining end of the rope.
- Bring the end back up and pass it through the eye you just formed.
- Pull tight to complete the half hitch.
- Pass the end of the rope begind the remaining rope again.
- Bring the end back up and through the loop just formed.