How to Make a Pirate Boat
If you are wondering how to make a pirate boat, a number of resources are available to assist you. There are several reasons why you might want to make a pirate boat.
Perhaps you are having a pirate-themed party and you want to complete the look. Maybe your school is having a play and you need a pirate boat for stage props. Perhaps you just enjoy boat building. No matter the reason you want to build a pirate boat, you'll find a variety of ways to make a pirate boat that suits you. It's not complicated, but most people need some form of instruction.
Plans for Pirate Boats
Not everyone knows how to make a pirate boat from scratch. It is best for most people to have some sort of plan to follow. A number of websites offer different plans and ideas about how to make your own pirate ship. It is recommended that you take time to review these different plans before you start building.
Many of the plans on the Internet involve using cardboard to make a pirate ship. This appears to be the most practical approach. However, with some searching, there are some plans that do use other materials such as wood and even Legos.
Having a fully detailed plan with pictures and instructions is advised as this gives a clear idea as to what needs to be done in order to build your boat. Follow a plan that provides a material list. This list makes it convenient to purchase all the materials you need to build your ship.
How to Make a Pirate Boat
Once you have obtained a plan or detailed instructions for building a pirate boat, you can begin making the boat from scratch. For the typical pirate boat made from cardboard, there are certain materials you will need.
- Depending on the size of the pirate boat, you will need to obtain very large boxes. Look for appliance boxes such as those used to package refrigerators, washers and dryers. These boxes should be big enough to create a decent-size pirate boat.
- You will also need to purchase glue, PVC pipes, cloth, paint, and black string or yarn.
- Once you have all your materials, draw the outlines of the pirate boat shape onto the large pieces of cardboard.
- You will also need to outline the sides and bottom of the boat.
- Once all the pieces of the boat are outlined, cut the outlined pieces away from the cardboard.
- The way in which you connect the cardboard pieces is totally up to you. Some people use glue, other people use heavy duty staples. Just make sure the sides and bottom of the boat are connected securely.
- Once the foundation of boat is made, you can add all the other accessories and parts that will make it look like an official pirate ship.
Accessorizing Your Pirate Boat
Once you've leaned how to make a pirate boat, you can begin accessorizing the boat to make it look more like a pirate ship. PVC pipes can be used to create the mast and sails. Use an old white sheet to create the sails and black yarn as the lines that connect the sail to the boat. Don’t forget to use paint of varying colors to give your pirate boat a unique look. Using paint with a little sparkle can add a very interesting look to the boat. Take your time when adding details in order to give it the most authentic pirate ship look possible.