Using a coupon template is a unique way to create gifts and boost sales. These templates can be used to create coupons for businesses wanting to improve sales, promote special offers, and more. Individuals can also use coupons to give as gifts to others for a variety of occasions, including Christmas, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthdays, and more. Teachers can also give coupons to their students and parents can give them to children as rewards.
Using a Coupon Template
A variety of web sites and applications provide coupon templates. Here are just a few sites you can visit to download a coupon template:
- Microsoft Office offers a variety of coupon templates especially good for personal use.
- Microsoft Word also has several template options that work with your MS word system.
- Xerox also offers a variety and many of them are perfect for business uses.
Using a Template for Personal Use
If you would like to give a coupon as a personalized gift, follow these simple steps:
- Choose a template that suits your style and the purpose of your coupon. The sites above offer a variety of personal options, including
- Holiday gift coupons
- Mother’s Day gift coupons
- Father’s Day gift coupons
- Coupons for children or students
- The name of the person receiving it
- A different coupon value depending on the gift. For example, if you are creating coupons for Father’s Day, you may have one coupon say “Good for a free car wash,” another that says, “Good for not taking the garbage out,” and yet another that says, “Good for an afternoon of yard work.” If you are a parent giving these coupons to your kids, or a teacher rewarding students, you may want to complete the coupon information with child-appropriate rewards, like “No homework pass,” or “Good for one day of no chores,” etc.
Using a Template for Business Use
If you own a business and would like to create a coupon or gift certificate, follow these simple steps:
- Select a coupon template design that suits your business and download it to your computer. If you are a floral company, you may want to utilize floral and pastel patterns. For coupons to offer discounts to an online company, simpler designs may be best. Many of these online templates allow you to upload imagery to suit your business style.
- Enter the amount of the discount (a dollar amount or percentage of a total sale).
- Explain any exclusions or specifications that might limit the use of the coupon. For example, if the coupon can only be utilized on non-sale items or on products from a particular department, be sure to specify that on the coupon.
- Enter the expiration date for your coupon, if any applies.
- Enter your company’s specific information, including name, logo, address, and contact information, as well as web site and phone number. You will want the coupon to help promote your brand and you will also want people to know where to return the coupon or certificate if it is lost or misplaced.
- Enter the name and information of those receiving the coupon, if you want to specify their name.
- After all that information is entered, hit “save as” to have this specific coupon saved to your computer.
- Begin printing your coupons, ideally on glossy, higher-quality paper.
- Trim them nicely and make them available and/or send them in suitable envelopes.