Paper Flower Templates
Templates to make paper flowers are widely available and this is a great way to make your own unique decorations. Paper flowers make lovely decorations. Whether you are simply making a few paper flowers as a centerpiece, making a paper flower garland or planning to decorate a room for a party with paper flowers, you have a wide choice.
Finding Free Paper Flower Templates
Paper flowers can be as simple as a floral shape or as complicated as the replica of a true flower. Creating your designs from templates to make paper flowers is a straightforward process. Paper flower templates are widely available online. Many projects can be adapted, allowing you to make your own unique paper flowers. Some good options include:
- DLTK Holidays – this website offers a variety of petal shape templates along with suggestions for how they may be used.
- Martha Stewart Weddings – instructions and a printable template for making a wedding bouquet of paper flowers.
- Martha Stewart – while no template is provided to make this project, the instructions are easy to follow and the end result is stunning.
- Foofangle - here is a template for a crepe paper rose along with a comprehensive tutorial.
Clip art can be an alternative to paper craft templates and are also available in a wide variety of styles and designs. This can be a good way to get a basic flower shape to make your own paper flower templates.
Buying Paper Flower Templates
Craft stores also stock a wide range of paper flower templates. These include templates that are sold on their own or kits that include the templates plus the other materials required to make paper flowers. Kits can be a good option if you are starting out as it means that there is no need to purchase or find additional materials. Craft books and magazines can also be a good source of templates to make paper flowers. A visit to a library or craft store can often provide a wealth of ideas and inspiration.
Using Templates to Make Paper Flowers
The following tips can be helpful when creating paper flowers from templates:
- If you find a template online that you like, remember to bookmark the website and page address so that you can find it again. It is also a good idea to save the template onto your computer in case the page is removed or changed later.
- When you are using templates to make flowers, it is important to check the website's terms and conditions for any usage restrictions. Many websites do not allow their free templates to be used commercially.
- Templates can be made larger or smaller by using a photocopier or by adjusting the settings on your printer.
- Print templates onto waste or scrap paper rather than printing directly onto good paper. This allows you to place the templates onto paper in such a way that you maximize the use of the paper and reduce waste.
- Keep the used templates in a folder or envelope so they can be used again as required.
- Keep scraps of paper from other projects as these can be ideal for making flower or adding embellishments.
Paper flowers can be great fun to make and are a good way to make decorations for many occasions. Using templates to make your own paper flowers can help you to produce great looking results every time.